Episode #7 looks at responsibility in research and innovation with a special focus on research funding organisations (RFOs). We had the opportunity to join an event with a panel discussing implications of responsibility, particularly against the background of our society’s need to transform. We highlight a few extracts from this panel discussion which took place on 6 February 2023 as part of the Final Conference of Co-Change, a project working towards Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI). The project was funded by the EU within the H2020 framework programme and coordinated by Peter Biegelbauer, Senior Scientist at the Austrian Institute of Technology.
In the panel discussion, the role of RRI for RFOs and the role of RFOs in shaping responsibility was discussed by
- Barbara Lohwasser (FFG),
- Donia Lasinger (WWTF) and
- Tiina Ramstedt-Sen (Council of Tampere Region)
The session was moderated by Benjamin Missbach (WWTF) and Caroline Lackinger (Co-Change Projekt).
This episode was recorded and presented in English
- Presentation Slides of the session.
- Co-Change Labs have been working on implementing institutional changes towards RRI since 2020. The Labs are spaces for experimentation, where the members work to better address societal challenges by boosting transformative capacities in research performing and research funding organizations (RPOs and RFOs).
- If you would like to learn more about the Co-Change project, you may watch this video.
- Online self-reflection tool: https://rri-tools.eu/self-reflection-tool
This podcast episode was realised in cooperation with the Austrian Ministry for Climate Action, Environment, Energy, Mobility, Innovation and Technology. Thank you! Thank you!